Re: Complaints about Broadcast News

In a message dated 8/12/00 6:11:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Dib9@aol.com
writes:

<< WCSH also persists in showing a picture of a Verizon Wireless store
whenever
 they talk about the Verizon strike.  They should know that the employees of
 Verizon Wireless are not on strike. >>

You are correct, Dan, but a big reason Verizon is on strike is because of
Verizon Wireless, i.e. the issue of allowing the union access into the
wireless market. They probably use the Verizon Wireless store since the Bell
Atlantic facilities still haven't changed signage over; their facades still
say Bell Atlantic out front. (At least they did Monday, when I was last in
the Boston area.)

<< Is it just Maine or is radio and TV news everywhere covering the Firestone
recall like it is Armageddon?  This has been the top story all week.  WCSH
led with it again tonight.  I agree that it is a story that needs to be
covered but we are way past overkill. >>

I can't say for Maine, but I can tell you the Detroit stations aren't really
covering this too heavily in their newscasts, though the two daily newspapers
have had this on their page 1 for the past few days. There's a lot of other
news going on out here; could it be that there's not much going on in Maine
this week? Methinks not, but just a possibility.

-Sean