Good Golly Miss Molly! Tutti Fruiti is the tip of the iceberg??

I was awakened this morning with WCVB-TV's "Eyeopener" at 5:00 AM. The first "Top Story" was the National Guard guy on the South Shore who's being charged with murdering his wife. All well and good. Now the second "Top Story" really brought me to attention real fast. Our Gary Whathisname and his occupations and business and website being shown with video equipment being confiscated with the town police spokesman saying its an on-going investigation and NO charges have been made. Now I was hoping Gary's Ice Cream would make its debut on WCVB on the "Chronicle" show on a piece about Ice Cream Shops. What gives here? Hearst-Argyle (http://www.hearstargyle.com/info/contact.html) had tape left over from last evening and some nitwit "producer" decided to run the thing as the second most important story this morning because the "public" had to know what happened, before a citizen is charged with anything? Did Gary deserve this?
Neither WHDH or WBZ ran anything about the "confiscation." Was it because they had no "live crew" on the scene or, hopefully (I'd like to believe) because of their integrity as journalists, decided it was not worth saying anything at this early stage.
All I can say is it's a good thing the special flavor this weekend wasn't "Louie,Louie!"
Hope to see everyone Saturday and hope the rain stays to the south of Gary's.
Takin' it Easy99.1,
Bill Piacentini
billpi@LL.MIT.EDU
As we close the 20th Century A.D. with one last year (2000) let me join with my favorite radio station locally-owned WPLM-FM 99.1 with perhaps the largest playlist in the free world playing a unique blend of great music by great artists in wishing everyone success in this its second year of its unique format!