Re: Pet peeve about WBUR

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 00:00:43 EDT Jibguy@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 7/20/00 11:32:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> gff@mediaone.net writes:
>
> << I have long been annoyed about the way (technically illegal, I
> think) that
>  WBUR ID's themselves.  "WBUR-FM, Boston" is fine, BUT, there is no
>  "WBUR-AM"  - it is simply "WBUR".  Call me a nitpicker, but.......

	Okay, here is the scoop.  The automation on WBUR-AM generally cuts away
	during Boston's top of the hour ID and the West Yarmouth station does
its
	own legal ID.  The Boston ID includes the cape stations but it is only
the
	WBUR-FM Boston that counts.

df

> ---     But  isn't there  really a WBUR AM?  The 1240 station on Cape
Cod.???  Yes?
> ---jibguy

yep
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!