Re: Pet peeve about WBUR

In a message dated 7/20/00 11:32:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gff@mediaone.net writes:

<< I have long been annoyed about the way (technically illegal, I think) that
 WBUR ID's themselves.  "WBUR-FM, Boston" is fine, BUT, there is no
 "WBUR-AM"  - it is simply "WBUR".  Call me a nitpicker, but.......

Perhaps there is.....   According to a flier that the Museum of Fine Arts
sent out, one of the items in it was a mention of "Radio France
Internationale" News, and that it can be heard in the Boston area on "WBUR-AM
740".   They must be hiring Globe radio writers.     ---     But isn't there
really a WBUR AM?  The 1240 station on Cape Cod.???  Yes?
---jibguy