Re: Pet peeve about WBUR

They could say, "you're listening to 90.9, WBUR-FM
Boston, also at 1240 AM, WBUR W. Yarmouth (etc.)" I
know that there's no such thing as "AM" in station
IDs. For example, there's "WCBS New York" and "WCBS-FM
New York", but the former station couldn't say
"WCBS-AM".

Newspaper articles tend to make this mistake. You'll
read, "the Red Sox flagship station is WEEI-AM (850)".
(That SHOULD read "WEEI (AM 850)"...) Then again,
I've seen newspapers print that the Red Sox game is
on "WEEI-FM (850)" (sic) :) If they mix up AM and FM
like that, I guess it's to be expected.