Re: WNAB

On 7 Jul 2000,  Jibguy@aol.com wrote:

> I just found a 1934 (I think) New York Times radio page in my barn.   It
> listed WJZ at 760  -AND-  WABC at (I think) 860.  Don't have it handy right
> now, so am not certain of the date and frequency, so such info I provide
> has a +/- 3% margin of error.   But I really was surprised to see both WJZ
> and WABC back in the mid-30's.

And there was no ABC network in those days.  WABC stood for "Atlantic
Broadcasting Company," a company which apparently once owned CBS's
flagship station.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/