Tiger Woods or severe storms?

Just heard Listo Fisher on WRKO mention that TV
station WFLA in Tampa, Florida has a lot of upset
viewers because they were doing a special report
on storms in the area... apparently pre-empting
coverage of the U.S. Open.

"Tornadoes and severe storms on the way? Who cares!
We wanna watch Tiger Woods!" (I've heard that Woods'
performance was history-making and golf fans are
really exited about it...)

I suppose the station could have run a "crawl" with
the severe weather info on the bottom of the screen.
So if nuclear missiles are heading our way during the
Lakers- Pacers game tonight, I'd hope NBC stations
would try to find a way to warn us without
interrupting the game, eh? (sarcasm mode off)