Re: Hub radio legend will say aloha this fall

----------
>From: Dib9@aol.com
>To: mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu
>Subject: Re: Hub radio legend will say aloha this fall
>Date: Fri, Jun 9, 2000, 10:31 AM
>

> <<In a message dated Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:04:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) writes:
>
> IMO, it also had an element of the air staff criticizing the ownership and
> management for accepting the advertising, so it wasn't just a simple case
> of hyprocrisy by the air staff.>>
>
> I agree, but that is also unprofessional.  If you have a beef with
> management, take it up with them personnally but don't broadcast it on your
> show (unless its part of a bit that management does not object to.)
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I think that whole deal is very neat. I only wish there were broadcasters
today with the same conviction. So called "alternative" stations now are
mostly full of corporate nonsense and have strayed so far from the vision
it's incredible. I want to run an alternative-progressive FM someday, and
mark my words, I'm taking a stand. Corporate mass marketing will not control
and infect my programming or my ads.

Luke Steele