Re: WJTO sign off

If Bob turns off WJTO early, and if the FCC gets wind of this, could they
then restrict his station to daytimer status, since he's not using the
channel to "it's fullest potential"?

I remember reading something about FM stations on certain channels who
were not broadcasting at the full power allotted to their channel, and the
FCC was threatening them with locking them into those present power levels
if they didn't modify their power output.  If they didn't, according to
that article I read (I think it was in the old Broadcasting Electronics
magazine before they branched out to BE-Radio), the FCC wouldn't let these
stations up their power after a certain deadline if they hadn't complied.

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@gordsven.com