Tower lighting

This topic came up initially on ne.transportation, talking about lighting the
new Charles River bridge on the Central Artery and eventually turning to
lighting requirements for tall structures. Eventually, radio towers naturally
came up.

It got to the issue of the red beacons versus the white strobes, which I
personally think look hideous. So I thought I would present it to this group,
where it holds some relevance: What do you guys like better, strobes or the
beacons? I personally think the beacons fit in better in terms of aesthetics.
Just curious to hear some answers from the b-r-i peanut gallery...

-Sean