Re: Question about non-compete clauses

I don't know how it was done in Maine, but I know I for one spent some
time lobbying my local rep and local senator.  Others who know members of
the leadership also lobbied them,  I did my lobbying as a voter living in
the district the rep and senator represents as a constituent wanting a
piece of legislation approved....on my own time.  In Mass this is
generally how it was done, although I don't see anything wrong with
talking to a rep or senator if you are at the statehouse covering a story
and making your case.  I did not hear any rep or senator complain that
they were pressured, it was an issue of fairness.

df

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:45:21 EDT Sptseditor@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 4/16/00 11:43:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Dib9@aol.com
> writes:
>
> <<  I
>  also heard of some reporters lobbying legislators while at the
> State House
>  covering stories.  Journalists lobbying politicians.  Isn't there
> something
>  wrong with that? >>
>
> I wonder what their news directors would have done had they found
> out about
> reporters asking favors from politicians. I think it's a pretty
> serious
> compromise of integrity, but that's just the opinion of someone in
> the
> newspaper world...
>
> -Sean

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!