Re: Question about non-compete clauses

<<  I believe it's a Massachusetts state law, thanks to AFTRA's efforts,
that non-competes are illegal, specifically for broadcasters. >>

I'd like to hear the legal rationale for that: why are non-competes so bad
in broadcasting but just fine for lawyers, pharmacists, and real estate
agents?  How is THAT in the public interest? Maine legislators couldn't come
up with good answers, so we were left to assume the new law is just a sop to
the union crowd to crank up the 'campaign contributions.'