Re: Interesting Reception Reports

>Mark Watson wrote:
<snip>
Last night(Friday,4/7) while waiting for someone to come out of work in
Marlboro MA between 8:50 & 9:10 PM,
<snip>
>1000 WCMX Leominster MA was coming in strong,I know they are a daytimer
>w/PSSA.
<snip>

        It seems as if that PSSA should end at Chicago sunset, which would
be 20:30 EDT this month, and WCMX should have been off. But maybe not. The
PSSA would end at Chicago sunset if WMVP received signal protection to go
along with its directional pattern, which aims toward the east. In other
words, if WMVP were non-DA, it would not be entitled to protection in
eastern New England, as is the case with WGN, WLS, etc. But since WMVP is
directional, its signal is strong enough around here to receive protection,
supposedly.
        So, I'm curious if anyone can say whether WCMX was staying up late
or whether WMVP doesn't get that protection. If WCMX were entitled to
operate PSSA until two hours after its local sunset, which is what is given
to stations outside the Class A station's protected area, that would be
around 2130 EDT this month, and that's why it would still have been on at
the time noted here.
        Of course, in real life, I just want WCMX to get out of the way so
I can clearly hear the wretched Canadian station interfering with WMVP :-)