Re: News Radio & Ethics

In a message dated 3/28/00 9:42:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, beckwith@ime.net
writes:

<< I'd have a bigger problem with this if the financial interest of the
morning
 man wasn't disclosed in the ad, but I think that most listeners accept that
if
 you need to make a living you're allowed to moonlight.  It becomes a
problem, I
 think, when your outside interests take away from the entertainment value of
 the show; that is, it becomes either a mission or an welfare program for your
 ne'er-do-well brother. :) >>

I think Chris is right on point on this issue, but the gratuitous Imus knock
was unnecessary. ;-)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine
    Who in my recent trip to Mohegan Sun couldn't buy anything at the Autobody
    Express store because I lost everything at the slot machines!