Re: Thursday Night Countdown Chart)

Back in the early days when WMRQ became WODS this is exactly what they
did, but the people with the programming know-how that did this are long
gone.  I remember pointing out to one of the 7 (or was it 8?) program
directors that I worked for during my tenure at WODS that we were not
playing "Take Five" in spite of the fact that it was one of the top songs
of 1959 (back when Oldies played music from the 50's).  He told me it did
not test well, end of discussion.  I remember interns compiling the
listener voted top 500 list checking the votes against the play list
before adding it to the list.

df

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:23:10 -0500 mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu (Martin J.
Waters) writes:
>        On the WODS list: Heck, instead of starting with the Billboard
>list, they should use the old WRKO weekly list, and for the earlier
>years
>the WMEX and/or WBZ list, as their starting point. Back then, there
>were
>still regional hits and definitely regional tendencies in terms of
>some
>songs being more or less popular in particular regions than the
>national
>ranking.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.