Re: Thursday Night Countdown Chart

Sandy Benson used to do the music selection I don't know if she is still
involved or not since the birth of her third child, she was going to
continue to do the music via computer from home.

I don't know if they have expanded their playlist or not, but I know when
I was there Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields were not in the rotation,
and nothing by Ed Ames was ever in the rotation, so yes history is
re-written to fit the music they play because they won't play anything in
the countdowns that isn't in the rotation, that includes the old listener
voted top 500 list.

df

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:54:29 -0500 "Roger Kirk" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net>
writes:

>However, last week, the 103.3 list for March
>9th 1967 didn't resemble Billboard at all e.g.
>Patrick Callahan claimed it was a week when
>the Beatles had "no" songs in the Top 20 - yet
>Penny Lane & Strawberry Fields Forever show in
>Billboard.  Also, Ed Ames' "My Cup Runneth Over"
>was number 10 in Billboard, but wasn't even on
>Oldies 103.3's chart.
>
>Is history being re-written?  Anybody know what
>chart they're using?
>
>Roger Kirk
>rogerkirk@ttlc.net

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!