Re: NERW on WBUR -- *WEDNESDAY*

>Scott, the postponed guy, wrote:
>The segment on LPFM was postponed a day!  I'm now told it will
>air during Wednesday's show (3/15) -- so stay tuned...
>
>Again, that's "Hear and Now," at noon Wednesday on the networks
>of WBUR Boston/Cape Cod, WRNI Rhode Island, New Hampshire Public
>Radio, and the mighty half-kilowatt of WPNI Amherst.

        Hey, don't make fun of WPNI. It's the station on which I would have
heard this great broadcast, IF IT HAD ACTUALLY OCCURRED.
        You see, there I was, out in the back driveway, hadn't even had
lunch yet, sitting in the old blue Camry that doesn't even run at the
moment, after making sure the radio antenna was extended ALL THE WAY, but
sitting there because its radio (Toyota) is better than the one in the
other car [Kenwood : (  ], and it's 12:20 p.m. EST, and I'm getting the
former WTTT/now WPNI/1430, from beautiful Amherst, Mass., putting in about
a 0.0000001 m/v/meter signal here, through the 10,000 tons of local RF
interference, and static from thunderstorms in Mississippi or perhaps the
South Pacific, and with the 1430 station in New Jersey in the background
(hard to believe there could be a background to the signal I was
getting!!), AND THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SOME GUY WHO WROTE A BOOK ABOUT HIS
IRISH-AMERICAN GREAT-GRANDFATHER.
        Actually, it was pretty interesting.
        And, needless to say, I'll be back out there in the back driveway
tomorrow, same time, same station, same receiver. After all, there aren't
that many people who actually let Scott go on the radio : ))). This time I
think I'll bring a sandwich, though.
        And, of course, as is so often the case, I'm exaggerating how bad
the  signal was. It really sounded like it was a much stronger 0.000001
m/v/meter.

        And, finally, and at least half seriously, I always thought the
mighty, if not super-mighty, WPNI was 5 kW daytime, directional, but you
said 500 w. Has anyone told them they lost a zero? Whatzup with that?