Re: Radio Disney in Boston

In a message dated 3/12/00 1:56:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<< I suppose anything's possible, but I never thought that music was ever
 produced with AM or FM sound contours in mind.  In fact, I thought most
 older music was produced with live performance in mind. >>

Phil Spector used to mix his hits in the 60's so they would sound good on a
mono car radio.  It was his observation that many other producers at that
time mixed songs that sounded great in a studio with top of the line
equipment, but much of the production elements were lost when the music was
played on the equipment that most people used.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine