Re: Compact Speech

In a message dated 03/07/2000 10:35:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kempp@bethel.k12.ct.us writes:

<< TTFN >>

Team Tennis Failed Notably ???

Ten Touchdowns For Nothing ???

Tennessee Titans Football Nuts ???

 (wink and a nod inserted here)

bravo on the less is more.  sometimes, as Pete said, it's more confusing to
follow the on air patter adopted, most notably by sportscasters trying work
in their interpretations of contemp-speak, although, "Ribby's" have always
meant Runs Batted In.
    took me three years to finally get Laughing Out Loud, or, as the
venerable Mister O'Neill oft times leaves me Falling On Floor Laughing.  (the
internet is possibly to blame for the preponderance of abbreviations...
POA???)

- -Tigger   (Chuck Igo)