Re: WAVM & WUMB In Radio Wars

At 11:41 PM -0500 2/23/00, Mark wrote:
>   Larry Weil wrote:
>
>  > Huh?  WUMB is trying to go on 91.7 from Newburyport, would this
>  > really effect Maynard?
>

>    According to this article,they want to take over 91.7 with a transmitter
>site in Stow.The folks at WAVM,which is licensed to the Maynard Schood
>Dept.and run by students and staff at Maynard High School,claim that the
>WUMB folks could care less about WAVM or the fact that they have served the
>town for many years.I wasn't aware of WUMB's plans to put a 91.7 on the air
>in Newburyport.

Yea, I should have read the article first before I spouted off.
Sorry about that.

My guess is they plan to be on 91.7 in both Stow and Newburryport.  I
am a listener to and supporter of WUMB, but I feel that what they are
doing with regard to Maynard/Stow is a mistake.  I am planning to
write to Pat Montieth to make my feelings known.

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH