Re: A Group of Towers in Acton

To: boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: A Group of Towers in Acton
From: David Moisan <dmoisan@shore.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:49:55 -0500
Sender: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

At 10:29 PM 2/16/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>Boston 375 BO
>>         382 LQ (Lyndy)

>The 382 beacon is one of a very few that broadcast voice, in this case, a
>continuous weather loop.

>Take care,

>Dave
Hello... When I purchased my vehicle years ago from Atlantic Chrysler
on the Lynnway, I was delighted to see the above mentioned beacon's
transmitter and suspended pole to pole wire antenna located right
next door (inbound). It comes in on my vehicle radio at around
650KHz I believe when your within a hundred feet or so of it.
Good place for a weather check if your stuck in Lynnway traffic!

Best Regards!

Kyle (MajorRadioFreak@excite.com)

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com