Fwd: Re: WGY now non-directional but not always?

 ---- you wrote:
> >Laurence Glavin wrote:
> <snip>
> >I've been by there a few times recently and there's just
> >one not-very-imposing tower indicating NDA all hours.
> <snip>
>
>         Hey, yeah. Only 660 feet tall. Shrimpy little tower. Boy, I'll
> never accuse you of being easy to impress <g>.

So far, I've only seen the tower from the NY Thruway;
I've never bothered to go right to the site.  When I'm
in Western Mass/NY State, it's usually summertime and
I have a googolplex of things to do. The tower looms
above surrounding hilly terrain ok but doesn't have the
same impact of WBZ's sticks reaching skyward from a
spit of land in the ocean.  At World's End in Hingham,
a Trustees of Reservations site that is also a peninsula
the 'BZ towers look especially impressive.  The WHRB-
WERS antennae sit on a 650-foot building in Boston and
the ch 62 antenna on Beacon Hill is about 650-feet; none
looks very imposing in the Hub's scheme of things with
some hills and taller buildings around.  I expect
to be in the Berkshires in early July (apres the 4th)
for the opening of Tanglewood;  if it's cloudy one of
the days I'm there, maybe I'll saunter over to Scotia.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com