RE: WTIC (AM) anniversary broadcast

mwaters wrote:
>Always the cynic, I keep waiting for it to be
>discontinued the day somebody tells a wretched
>bean counter at Infinity that the generator needs
>a 29-cent replacement part.

When I worked at WRKO, one of my fellow techs
related this bean-counting story to me:

He was the Chief Engineer at a station in Lynn.
When one of the cart machines died, he diagnosed
it as a failed transistor.  Asking the (renowned
for thriftiness) owner of the station for the
money to buy a transistor to repair the cart
machine, the owner took the transistor radio from
his desk and said "couldn't you just take one of
the transistors from here?"

Roger Kirk
rogerkirk@ttlc.net