RE: WTIC (AM) anniversary broadcast

<<On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:02:19 -0500, mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) said:

> it is now. They both moved to 1080 in 1941 with NARBA. The WTIC towers are
> an odd height, 171 and a fraction degrees, which suggests maybe they were
> built for 1040, as someone who knows how to do the math could figure out.

171 degrees is 0.475 wave, which at 1080 kHz is about 132 m.  That's
0.458 wave at 1040, or 164 degrees.  Neither of these numbers work out
to convenient, commonly-used fractions; either way is between 7/16
and 1/2 wave.

In any event, I'm not so sure the engineer who put an AM station on
top a rocky hill would have been thinking of that....

-GAWollman