Radio Deluxe

As you suggested when we taped today's LTAR, I visited www.radiodeluxe.com.
It does not appear that Radio Deluxe is offering or planning to offer a
satellite-delivered adult-standards format. The company, which, based on the
telephone area code, is somewhere in Oregon, offers a variety of services
and products including several series of CDs that they update each month
with additional material. The prices that I saw advertised looked quite
reasonable and I wonder whether the Crawford stations that have adopted the
"Legends" format are using any Radio Deluxe services or products. I can
imagine that, with the aid of hard-drive automation and Radio Deluxe, a
station could put together quite a respectable sounding "local" AS format
for no more or little more than it would cost to subscribe to one of the
satellite services, although perhaps all three satellite AS networks make
their product available for straight barter.

Dan Strassberg, Senior Technical Editor, EDN Magazine,
275 Washington St, Newton, MA 02458-1630, USA
1-617-558-4205, Fax: 1-617-928-4205, Alternate Fax: 1-617-558-4470
ednstrassberg@cahners.com, http://www.ednaccess.com