Re: legal Top-of-the-Hour ID's ... old WBZ

On 12 Feb 00,  DonKelley@aol.com wrote:

> The FCC didn't tighten the ID rules (or at least enforce them) until the
> early 70's.  Prior to that you could get away with practically any ID as
> long as it had the calls and COL in the same sentence.

So the WTIC ID that I mentioned probably was legal, since it was in the
1960s.

When I was in college, back in the 1960s, they just told us that the legal
ID (which, in those days, had to be on or about the hour =and half hour=)
had to contain, somewhere, the words "WMUA" and "Amherst."  My favorite
way to ID was "This is WMUA in Amherst, and remember, No Other Station can
Make That Claim!"

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/