RE: WSMN / Gene Burns

So he was being just a TAD disingenuous when, on one of
his first WMEX shows, while recounting the tribulations
of his ill-fated gig on WOR and the WOR Network, he
said, "I should have realized before I even went there
that talk radio has to be local. I was on in New York,
but when I talked about New York issues, the affiliates
outside of New York complained. And when I talked about
national issues, the WOR sales department complained."

Or maybe he realizes what everyone else does--that the
real function of TalkAmerica is to fill what would
otherwise be dead air on basket-case stations that have
to air something to avoid having their licenses pulled.
What the heck; if he can make a buck helping to keep
those stations on the air, why shouldn't he? However, at
least one hour of the WSMN show has to be a delayed
broadcast because it conflicts with the WMEX show, which
is live. So at what time does he actually do the
TalkAmerica show?

And I guess this tells us something else: When Langer
has to start cutting corners at WMEX, one of his first
moves will be to pick up Burns' TalkAmerica feed instead
of the special WMEX feed.

Meanwhile, does anyone know what has become of Jerry
Williams? I didn't think he sounded right on the one
program I heard him do on WMEX. It was his second show--
on Tuesday Feb 1. He sounded very disconnected from both
the callers and his guest, a well-known attorney whose
name I've forgotten. Does anyone know whether Williams
is ill? When I heard him, I wondered if he wasn't in the
early stages of Alzheimers'.