Re: WLYN/WFNX -- was RE: Stern's PD

I know it was the fall of '83 when I was a news intern
at 'FNX (in fact I worked election night when Ray
Flynn won for the first time). Maybe 'FNX debuted in
'82 or so.

Originally I was to intern with production director
and DJ Jerry Goodwin (the Duke of Madness of 'BCN
fame) but he got fired (along with program director
Russ Mottla) so I wound up as a news intern with
Margie Coombs in charge. One of their news reporters,
Mary Breslauer, later worked for the Gerry Studds
campaign and she may have been the original host of
the "One in Ten" gay/lesbian show on WFNX.

When I was there, DJs included Joanne Doody and a guy
with an Irish last name but I can't remember (John
Reilly or something). Henry Santoro also worked in
the news department. The general manager was former
WCAS DJ Judith Brackley (if I remember right).