RE: AM Live, Local

>Mike Fitzpatrick:
>WSBS, 860
<snip>
>They currently run 250 watts ND from 6am to 7pm. Their
>tower is next to the Housatonic River Basin (the same river where the little
>girl fell in a week ago) and a large swamp. Back when they were 2.6kw ND
>Days, the signal was quite impressive. Their 3w night signal was less than
>impressive
<snip>

        What's up with WSBS? Why would they use 250w instead of 2.7 kW? The
FCC database, Elliott version, shows the station as still licensed for 2.7
kW day/250 watts CH (its old, original power as a daytimer), and around 3.8
watts night. Also, if they're on with 250w 6 a.m.-7p.m., regardless of
sunset time, they would appear to be operating improperly, which would
surprise me somewhat in the case of this owner.