RE: AM (was Re: LPFM Rules)

>Mike Fitzpatrick
>WSBS 860, in Great Barrington still has "The Trading Post" live on Saturday
>mornings. People call in, offering things to sell, give their home numbers,
>etc.

        WTIC (AM) still does a tag-sale show (in fact, that's what they
call it) on Sunday, 9-noon. It's huge. They started it, I would guess, back
around 1980ish. After seeing the station go through 700 rounds of
cost-cutting since the show started, I figure it must be a winner or they'd
have some bird-feed gardening/computing/financial advice/whatever show on
instead.
        It's great to listen to one of those shows on the big signal.
Honestly, they get calls from Albany. They get calls from Long Island.
Brattleboro. It's the only time that the uninformed would know they have a
big signal in the Springfield area, because of the calls that come in.
        The funniest thing is that some of these people from way out on the
fringe are not selling something exotic that might draw a buyer from 100
miles away. The guy in Albany might be peddling a rusty old snowblower. Who
can figure.