Imus on WFAN-FM????

        Today's chuckle (and we can only hope the newspaper misquoted the PD):
        The Journal-Inquirer, daily paper in Manchester, Conn., that serves
the northern Hartford suburbs, reported on January 26 that WNNZ would begin
carrying Imus. The paper's very good radio-TV columnist, Matt Buckler, went
on and on about how the WFAN signal is about at the end of its reach north
of Hartford, especially on car radios (i.e., IMO, the many car radios with
ignition and/or electrical system noise on AM at about 100 dB). Then he
quoted Kevin Casey, PD of WNNZ, as saying: "Unless you are on a hill, the
WFAN signal drifted in this area."
        On a hill? Huh? And I didn't even know Imus had moved to WFAN-FM.