Delay ( was Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally In The Fight Against The"CashMachine")

When I produced the morning show at WGAN, we had a digital delay that worked
really well.  After it was installed for a few weeks, we decided to just
leave it on 24/7 even though the station was satellite programming most of
the time outside of morning drive.  This avoided the problems that can be
caused by the machine "getting caught up" and it also avoided the human
problem of not turning it on.  The other nice feature about the unit was that
there was a dump button both in the control room and in the studio so if the
producer was on the phone or not paying close attention for some reason, the
hosts could hit the dump button when necessary.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine