Re: VPR on 1370 Bennington

Bob Nelson wrote:

> I had heard of Vermont Public Radio's expansion into
> Bennington County via WBTN, and also they have a new
> station serving the Northeast Kingdom (or will have
> one soon).

The chronology of VPR's recent expansion to northeast and southwest:

July 21, 1999  WVPA 88.5 St. Johnsbury debuts

late September, 1999  WBTN-FM 94.3 Bennington begins carrying VPR
programming

January 18, 2000  WBTN 1370 Bennington begins carrying VPR programming,
plus morning news and features from local studio

A friend in the Lancaster NH area was thrilled when the St. Johnsbury
station went on the air...and didn't give a gollygoshdarn when told NHPR
expected to have a North Country transmitter soon.