Re: ABC-TV's Super Bowl Nightmare

At 01:17 PM 1/24/00 -0500, PublicRef2 wrote:

>ABC will televise this Sunday's (January 30th) Super Bowl.
>
>For the network, it may end up being the lowest-rated Super Bowl since
>the big game's kickoff time moved to aproximately 6 P.M. (this year's
>kick-off, by the way, is scheduled for 6:18) some two decades back.

I agree completely, though I wish it weren't so. Football's my fourth
choice in sports viewing (hockey, baseball and college basketball all
ahead), and I often miss the Super Bowl. But this year's has what I
consider to be exciting -- fresh faces, new teams, and a more even matchup
than in most Super Bowls. But it seems that if you don't have a big-market
team or a team with a broad-based following, the ratings do hurt.

And Madonna's not the draw she used to be, either...
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law
80 Ferry Street, Troy, NY 12180 USA