Re: Dean Johnson profiles the new talk stations in Boston

At 04:04 AM 1/24/00 -0500, Chris Beckwith wrote:
>http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/entr/radi01242000.htm
>
>It's interesting that he thinks Opie & Anthony, if they come to WBCN in April,
>might present a challenge to the existing talkers.  It strikes me that 'BZ,
>'TTK and 'MEX, especially, are targeting people who have two brain cells
>to rub
>together.
>
>Take care,
>Chris

As someone who has at least 3 brain cells to rub, I take exception to your
comment.  I listen to talk radio regularly.  I listen to WBZ for news and
WRKO for entertainment.  I've tried to listen to WTTK on several occasions,
most notably last week when I actually gave it a full day.  Although they
have the best sounding signal (and the only signal of the bunch that I can
get in my concrete and steel office bunker) they sound like a bad AM
daytimer with a bunch of lame shows.

I noticed that they're promoting "Imus in stereo".  Is the feed out of NYC
in stereo or are, as I suspect, they just calling it stereo because they've
left their pilot on?

If the corporate parents of WBZ and WRKO would get off their collective
asses and get the signals on the web, those of us who wish to listen to
talk but work indoors could listen at work.

Brian

-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com