Re: WTRY (was Re: WPTR, again

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:52:31 -0500 "Douglas J. Broda"
<djbroda@mindspring.com> writes:

> The '73 aircheck is at http://www.digisys.net/users/csdfg/Radio.html.
> In the '73 aircheck, which I think is an overnight shift, he calls the
> station "The Sound Of Oldies" as well as "Great 98"; heard are "Lady
> Godiva," "Hush," and "I'll Never Fall In Love Again." The current mixed
in
> (Jim Croce's "One Last Set Of Footsteps") is referred to as a  "future
> memory."

OK, I can provide an explanation... in those years, when WTRY-FM
simulcasted with 106.5 WTRY-FM they played oldies on the all night shift
only.  They were Top 40 during all other hours.  They simulcast all night
to save $.

> BTW, this site also has a check from WWOM (perhaps the most boring
> station in memory) and one from WABY's religious period.

This site belongs to a friend of mine, Dave Glass, who lives in Montana.

> You might also find the airchecks at http://www.gis.net/~nuhuc/huc/  of
> interest.

I guess the cats outta the bag now!  This is my aircheck site which I
have.  You can check out a lotta different stuff from the Hudson and
Connecticut River Valley by going to my link.  Have fun, gang!

--Rick Kelly

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.