Re: WPTR, again

> The one Monkees' song that is accepted in the standards format IS
"Daydream
> Believer" even though most standards stations choose Anne Murray's
version
> over it.  But Monkees' version has just as many violins in it.
> ---jibguy

Wow, he counted them!  (Too much sax & violins in music (sic)).  You
gotta love those meetings where a bunch of folks stand around a studio
staring at their feet listening to two versions of the same song, just
to see which one makes the grade.  I shudder at the wealth of power in
that room.  (If it weren't so true....)

Bill O'Neill