Re: WBOS

> Getting into the subject of "AAA," what exactly would one consider WXLO then?

I'd say Hot AC, at least on the basis of my last monitor a few months ago.
Then again, AC has become such a bastardized format in recent years, who can
say?  The thing about most current AC and AAA stations is that they don't "own"
their audiences like they used to; gone are the days when these formats were
strongly identified with core artists they didn't share much with other
stations.  Now these stations mostly skim off the more adult-skewing tracks of
other formats like Top 40 and Modern Rock (Alternative.)  Likewise, Alternative
has become a barely-discernable variant of Active Rock; even once-proud leaders
like WFNX are cautiously sticking to WBCN's template for the most part.  And
with the former's lousy signal(s) and lame jocks (morning drive excepted) is it
any wonder they continue to slip in the ratings?

Take care,
Chris

NLT: Lionel (soon to be syndicated by Clear Channel) on eYada.com