Jack Williams does an overnight shift??!!

So WBZ is running a promo with Jack Williams, who really does sound good on
radio every time he fills in for Brudnoy-- the promo, if I heard it right,
says Jack will be on WBZ radio tomorrow night at midnight to welcome in the
new year.  That brings back memories of a time when the overnight shift had
real live personalities who actually competed-- we've discussed Larry
Glick, Norm Nathan, even Bob Raleigh who (like him or hate him) had a
following.   I did my share of overnight shifts, but somehow one does not
expect somebody of Jack's calibre to get that assignment... I commend him
for doing it-- I wonder if he volunteered or.... got volunteered <gg>.