Re: saying thank you

In a message dated 12/27/1999 3:07:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

> some of us got into radio because of somebody we admired.<

There were two influences that motivated me to make broadcasting a profession:
WNEW AM's (the late) William B. Williams and WABC's Dan Ingram who does 12-3
weekends on WCBS-FM in NYC. Williams had elegance, an urbane wit and a
delivery as smooth as warm caramel.  Ingram was a master at timing, a stellar
example of a personality using the format to showcase himself and sell the
station,
and I enjoy his sense of humor--getting in a snappy double entendre in :09!

Later on, Sunny Joe and Rich Balsbaugh gave me my first gig in Boston and for
that, I am forever grateful.

Dave Iseman
Cape Cod, MA