Marty Meehan; Howie Carr

For a couple of days next week, U.S. Rep. Marty Meehan
(D-Mass.) will be filling in for Howie Carr, along
with producer Doug "Virgin Boy" Goudy. I think the
days
will be Wed. and Thurs. Meehan has put up with Howie's
ribbing about everything from the Patriots to Meehan's
reneged term-limit pledge.

In the past, WRKO has tried out some talk show hosts
over the Christmas break-- in a couple of cases
(Tom Leykis, Jeff Katz) the hosts later wound up with
regular shows (even Bob Katzen could be considered
in that respect, as Bob recently did a regular
Saturday night shift at the station). If Meehan
loses the next election, will he be joining Marge
Clapprood, Peter Blute, and Ray Flynn as ex-politicos
who've wound up with 'RKO shows? Now, I doubt
that Meehan will lose the election, but one never
knows.

Also: today's Herald confirms that Carr will be
syndicated nationwide by ABC Radio starting Jan. 3.