Re: the simplistic argument of employment at small stations ...

Agreed, but the best formula is education and work experience.  A formal education does give you a more broad based background that can only help you be a better broadcaster.  I have worked with several people that are experienced broadcasters but can't hold a conversation on anything other than radio.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine
   Educated and Experienced

<<I know this from personal experience working in the newspaper industry. Just to discriminate because someone only has real life experience, not classroom
experience, is wrong.

-Sean>>