Re: person of the decade, anyone?

>From: R.L. Caron
>>How many of the 800 or so stations carrying Limbaugh today would even
>be on
>>the air had he not arrived on the scene? And how many of the 10,000
>other

How did we ever make it without him?  Guess I was just dreaming during
the first 20 years or so of my career.  What Rush has done (actually the
799 stations that carry Rush and other syndicated shows) is put 799
people who would be doing a local or regional show out of work.  It also
could very well mean that once "we" (veteran broadcasters) are gone,
there is no one coming up behind us because the stations were we all cut
our teeth have gone to the bird.  Think about it, I'm not the first to
state this.

As for the person of the decade,  If you want to pick on someone who has
changed the face of radio, probably forever for good or for ill, (I pick
ill) it would be Congressman Ed Markey.  He in no small part was
responsible for the deregulation of the industry that we are now all
faced with.

Have fun

Dave Faneuf