Re: Dave Maynard on the air

Ed Brouder replied to a query from Dan Strassberg about WBZ announcers:

> Justice did afternoon drive I believe--from roughly 1969 till about
> 1973.
>  I think that's around the time Benzaquin was there.  He had the early
> evening talk warmup before Jerry Williams I think.

I clearly remember listening to "the Halls of Justice" on "the Spirit of
New England."  The weekday lineup on Radio 103, based on a composite of
schedules appearing in the Sunday Globe (8/6/72) and Sunday Herald
Traveler (6/18/72):
5:30am RFD
6:00am Carl de Suze
9:00am Dave Maynard
1:00pm Larry Justice
5:00pm Newshour
6:00pm Calling All Sports
8:00pm Jerry Williams
12:00am Larry Glick

The Herald also indicates Paul Benzaquin doing 12:15-4:00pm weekdays on
WEEI in '72.  The station dropped most of its talk shows the following
spring when Newsradio 59 was launched.  An ad for the new format shows a
brief feature called Reporter's Journal with Paul Benzaquin airing at
11:24am and 8:45pm weekdays.  The weekend schedule is not mentioned.

He had moved to 'BZ by the time this schedule appeared in Waves (10/78):

5:30am Carl de Suze
9:00am Bruce Bradley
12:00noon Bob Raleigh
3:00pm Dave Maynard