Re: 1520 KB-Radio in Buffalo (was: WALE of a deal?)

At 03:51 PM 12/8/99 -0500, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>KB has always been better known outside the market than in it. Even in its
>glory days, the old WYSL at 1400 used to rate higher in the city itself.

That doesn't say much for KB, does it?  I can't imagine that with 250W
night power, they even put a decent signal over all of Buffalo, much less
the suburbs.

Examples of this abound...WPTR had a killer signal that blanketed New
England, but they usually trailed WTRY in Albany/Schenctady/Troy, or even
closer, WBZ vs WMEX in the 60s.  WBZ was this blowtorch that covered half
of North America, while WMEX, even with their crappy signal usually beat
them.  I think I read somewhere once that Bruce Bradley had better numbers
in Baltimore than Boston. Of course, WRKO came along and did both of them in.