Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 12/3: Canada's CRTC Gets Busy

<<On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:49:48 EST, Dib9@aol.com said:

> What exactly is "gay-and-lesbian Rainbow Radio " ?  All Melissa
> Ethridge, all the time?

I think all Indigo Girls all the time would be more like it.  (With a
sprinkle of Ani ``Righteous Babe'' DiFranco, and talk evenings from 7
to 10 with David Brudnoy...)

My guess is that it's probably a talk format -- 24 hours of GLBTF talk
hosts chatting about gender issues and RadFem nonsense.  We've got a
few programs on the air here in Boston of that nature, some more
listenable than others.  I find it hard to believe that a 24-hour
station, operating under Canadian regulatory requirements, could
survive long with such a format, and my guess is that he CRTC will not
be approving that particular application.

-GAWollman