Re: WFNX simulcast on WNHQ

In a message dated 12/4/99 1:30:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<<  the date would have to be no later than 1982, and more likely 1981.

 Seems to me that WUMB is almost as old as UMass-Boston, though I think it
 may have started as a low-power student-run station. >>

The AM station was low power student run and existed before the FM.  I
graduated in 1981 so maybe the FM was started right after that.   I know it
was close.   UMB was founded, if I remember correctly (it has been awhile),
in 1968, and in the 70's moved from Park Square (which they kept as a second
campus) to Columbia Point. They used to tell the freshmen that the housing
projects were dorms.  I wish my memory was better - I think I remember being
there before the Kennedy Library was built, or perhaps while it was being
built.

Sen Kennedy spoke at my graduation, which was held outside on the plaza,
between the library and science buildings, aptly named  "Library", and
"Science Building", although I believe they have since been renamed, but I
digress.