Re: Parenteau out at WAXQ

Yes, the Post is another Boston Globe
when it comes to reporting on radio. The bottom
line -- Parenteau had the highest rated
show on Q104 in the last two years. AMFM management wanted exclusivity in Parenteau's new deal -- no weekend talk gigs and such. He already has a few options lined up including
'TKK-FM in Boston this weekend. On top of
it, they brought in a new middle manager/PD who
hates banter, comedy, interviews -- the stuff
that Mark has done exceptionally well in the last two years in the #1 market. Buchmann spent 20 years of doing nothing but 'less talk, more rock' crap on Long Island. The guy has no personality(he doesn't even know what the term means). Now Buchmann wants to do the same thing in Manhattan and be the new morning guy at Q104.
I'm pretty sure Mark will land on his feet
pretty fast. I hear a couple classic rockers
in Boston are already interested...:)

-Jerry

---
Decker Media Consulting