Re: Record Price for a TV Station

A billion-dollar price for a TV station? I think Disney/ABC will, within
a year, purchase WCVB-5 and indeed pay about $ 1 billion for it.

The sale of KRON San Francisco makes WHDH-7 worth about $ 850 million,
and WCVB about $ 1 billion.

Additionally, I believe that were NBC to buy WHDH, I think the relaxed
FCC rules wil allow them to keep WJAR.

This might be a time for Ed Ansin to cash out--not just by selling WHDH
to NBC, but by selling WSVN Miami to Fox. I'd suspect WSVN is worth $
600 million.

$ 1.450 billion---not a bad way to cash out.

Joseph Gallant
I am NOT using my usual E-Mail system to transmit this message. To
reply, do NOT press the reply key, but instead, make sure that you send
replies to:
<notquite@hotmail.com>