Re: adios WARE

Kevin Vahey:
> A few months back we mourned the "death" of WLLH, and again the long
time
> owner made a nice score, and he wanted out. Mega had the checkbook,
nobody
> else did. Did anybody cry when WPLM-AM simply became a satellite of
WROL??

I reside in (one of) WLLH's COLs.  Admittedly, I don't converse in
Spanish.  The problem I have with Mega is their non-existent attempt
at public service to its COL.  A legal necessity? No.  Does its
"market" demand it?  Apparantly not.

Raises the question, why don't Spanish speaking listeners to Mega or
other such chains demand the same quality of radio news committment
that, say, WBZ listeners do?  Surely Spanish speaking listeners
deserve it, or... want it..  right?  If so, where's the market demand?

Bill O'Neill